Why shouldn’t you jump from course idea to course creation.
After a decade of working in learning and development, this is what I most often see.
Course creators, business owners, entrepreneurs, training professionals (you name it) identify a course idea and immediately begin the course creation phase.
Why shouldn’t you do this?
What should you do?
Step 1: Define your course goal
- What do your clients want to achieve?
- Why do they want to achieve it?
- How can you support them?
- What have they implemented to date?
- What is working for them?
- What is not working for them?
Step 2: Create 3 - 5 learning outcomes
Step 3: Write the competencies
Ready to plan your online course?
Download the online course planning template to get started!